Monday, August 5, 2013

A rabbit by any other name




Meet our new rabbit buck, Mr. Nutterbutter. He's a lovely Dutch bunny and a proven sire.

Obviously, we did not name him and I can't blame this one on the grandkids. The breeder I bought him from had saddled him with this moniker and I see no reason to change it.

First, because he's used to it and second, because I won't be using it anyway.

Sometime this past year, I have given up on naming the livestock. Ok, we did name the sheep and will probably name the kittens


as soon as we can discover a way to tell them apart. 

But by and large, most of the animals around here are just "Sweetie."

"Hi, Sweetie, how are you this morning?"
"Here ya go, Sweetie, nice, fresh water."
"Thanks for the egg, Sweetie, it's beautiful."

Simple, easy to remember, gender nonspecific, and nondiscriminatory. Kind of my farm version of a waitress's "Hon."

Would you like a warm up, hon, and thanks for reading my blog, Sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment