Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Face of Frugality

I'd love to look like this when I go outside to work.


Mary Jane of Mary Jane's Farm

But instead, I usually look like this.




The poster child for parsimony.

Thriftiness has many faces, many forms. How you decide to spend your time and resources is different than what we do. Our brand of frugal has enabled us to live the life we enjoy; we've traveled a bit, paid off a mortgage, retired early. 

At Lick Skillet, our version of living on the cheap looks like this:


Waiting for wood stove season to cook down tomato sauce.



Drying clothes outside twelve months a year.



Taking advantage of Jansport's lifetime warranty on packs. I think I bought the original in the 1970's; this is the second or third time it will be replaced.


Tom's National Association of Pastoral Musicians shirt acquired in 1989. He wore it often, then used it as a pj top, now it's a work shirt, soon to go to the rag bag.  

And me dressing like this:


Do you live a life of intentional austerity? Share your thoughts and photos--top that photo of me, if you dare!

No comments:

Post a Comment