Saturday, March 8, 2014

[it's Just-]

With heartfelt thanks and apologies to e.e.cummings


It's Just-
spring     when the barnyard is mud-
slushy the little
gimp farmer

sings          Golly          Gee!

and chickensandsheep come
running for grass and
tidbits and it's
spring

when the farm is almost green

the funny
old farmer sings
Gol     ly     Gee!
and kittensandrabbits are binking

from sunshine and freshair and
it's 
spring
and

     the
          
          stiff-kneed

farmer      sings
Gol
ly
Gee!


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Cindy:

    Your inspiration to parody one poem has led me to do the same by combining two. Here goes!

    THIS IS JUST TO SAY

    Your spring poem
    Echoes cummings’
    Evocations

    So succinctly that
    It speaks well
    To me. It speaks

    Well to me. It
    Speaks well to me.
    I must say:

    Your wording is perfect,
    So neat
    And so bold.

    (With apologies, yet again, to
    William Carlos Williams.)

    Enjoy the approaching equinox!

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx, Doug. You just happened to hit on another of the few poems I know! Delicous.

      Delete