Monday, June 18, 2012

Best dressed?


My work pants AFTER being washed.


I don't understand fashion.

I recently ventured into a clothing store, the first time in several years. I felt like a person blind from birth who has just miraculously gained eyesight. Nothing made sense! I saw colors and shapes but couldn't conceive any way these objects could be worn as clothing. Racks of poorly made items with prices that made me gasp; someone must design this stuff and someone must buy it although I question the sanity of both groups.

Part of the problem may be that I reached puberty at the time of love beads, Indian print tops made from tablecloths, and bra burnings. I was a child in a world where it was required to wear a hat to church and a major faux pas to be seen in white after Labor Day and a teenager in bell bottoms and paisley. No wonder I'm style challenged.

I guess we can conclude that the fashion industry doesn't exactly cater to overweight, sixty year-old women and especially mature women who need their closet full of items to wear to muck poultry manure. That's an altogether different chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment