Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Rand McNally



I have a fairly good sense of direction but my initials are CAR not GPS. Yet everywhere we go, people ask us directions.


I can understand that at home. We're outside alot and probably the only humans in sight on the road.


But it happens everywhere, no matter how many other local inhabitants are around.


I posit we must have a harmless, friendly look about us. Surely these middle-aged softies will help and not respond with verbal (or physical!) abuse.


I was at a conference in Washington, D.C., a place I only know from watching "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington". Got stopped and asked for directions to the Smithsonian.


We were in London; our only time there. Got asked for help on the Tube.


Second visit to our new place in Indiana Memorial Day weekend--3 different times drivers needed help finding the county park, a place WE'VE NEVER VISITED!


I will be ready before the next major holiday; I'll print maps to the park and charge a quarter, could be our first moneymaker in Indiana.



No comments:

Post a Comment