Saturday, June 9, 2012

Three little words

I must apologize for the paucity of posts;* I am involved in a REAL ESTATE TRANSACTION.

Anyone who has ever bought or sold property immediately understands the significance of that phrase and sympathizes.

Back in the dawn of time, it was undoubtedly simpler. I owned land. You wanted the land. You either started a war and took said land or offered me a dozen cows. We shook on the deal and you moved in.

It ain't so simple nowadays.

We call, we email, we wait for answers. We wait on agents and lawyers and contractors and plumbers. I feel we are clawing our way forward millimeter by millimeter by our bloody fingernails towards a closing. 

I hope this kerfluffle will be settled soon. Otherwise, I'd better stock up on Tums.


*Paucity of Posts? Sounds like a great title for a novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment